Shopping in Stockport Guide - Part 1
We’ve been experiencing an influx of visitors who don’t usually come to Stockport (WELCOME). So I’ve put together a quick guide of some of our favourite shops. There are more, but will save that for a pt. 2!
1. Agapanthus Interiors : exceptionally high quality antique furniture, lighting & homewares lovingly restored by in-house experts.
2. Old Town General Store : Top notch clobber for men & women. I am a particularly big fan of their wool socks.
3. Hillgate Cakery : vegan cake shop also operating as vegan grocers. They stock condiments & ingredients that can’t be found elsewhere in town and are run by possibly the nicest shop owner ever.
4. Rare Mags : what it says on the tin - unusual and hard to find publications that also happen to be printed with exceptionally high aesthetic standards in mind.
5. Plant Shop : Turn your home into the jungle you’ve dreamed about
6. SK1 Records : record & coffee shop in one. Well stocked vinyl selection & knowledgable staff. Always got good tunes on (gotta be a good sign).
7. St Anne’s Hospice : charity shop specialising in vintage homeware & second hand bridal. Run by a super friendly team with a knowledgable manager & a very keen eye. Always treasures to be found here.
8. Squound : Mid century furniture dealers. Every single piece is a treasure and this place will blow your mind. I recommend popping in regularly as pieces don’t stick around for long.
9. Jakes Shoes : an old timer on the Stockport indie shop scene, and for good reason. They sell classic footwear brands such as @drmartensofficial & @birkenstock You really needn’t look elsewhere.